RE: [ISN] Security holes aren't being filled

From: InfoSec News (isnat_private)
Date: Thu Nov 21 2002 - 23:20:48 PST

    Forwarded from: elizabeth.lee.contractorat_private

    I submit that it is not always the adminstrators who impede the
    application of security patches to systems.  In distributed
    environments, interested parties of various levels of authority must
    be contacted, cajoled and convinced that patch application is
    necessary.  I have seen it happen far too often.  Those who do not
    receive the BugTraq or CERT email, who don't visit security websites,
    who say "Isn't that why we have a firewall?" -- they never believe it
    will happen to them so they refuse to allow downtime.

    True is true.