Re: [ISN] Complex Networks Too Easy to Hack

From: InfoSec News (isnat_private)
Date: Wed Dec 11 2002 - 00:21:21 PST

    Forwarded from: Emerson Tan <etat_private>
    There is something really basic here that lots of people forget, this
    whole article could be summed up by the old design maxim:
    It's so obvious...
    > By Michael Grebb
    > Dec. 09, 2002
    > WASHINGTON -- Internet and telecommunications experts, here on
    > Friday to discuss homeland security, said increasingly complex
    > software operating systems and networks have made it easier than
    > ever to disrupt U.S. communications systems.
    > At the same time, hackers don't need to be highly skilled to wreak
    > havoc.
    > "Over time, we're getting very sophisticated attacks from morons,"
    > said Bill Hancock, chair of the cybersecurity focus group of the
    > Network Reliability and Interoperability Council, which coordinates
    > voluntary "best practices" to maintain a streamlined communications
    > infrastructure.
    "None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they
    are free." - Goethe
    Emerson Tan
    Freelance Thinker
    etat_private :PGP public key on request or from
    PGP key fingerprint: 71E9 0C2A CD8F 44AC 4CA5  BB3D 09D4 0B6E 2734 DC72
    ISN is currently hosted by
    To unsubscribe email majordomoat_private with 'unsubscribe isn'
    in the BODY of the mail.