[ISN] RIAA invites comments

From: InfoSec News (isnat_private)
Date: Tue Dec 31 2002 - 01:00:48 PST

    [It appears that RIAA hasn't learned anything about computer security
    since the last time this happened. Ahh the power of Cheese. :)  -  WK]

    By Andrew Orlowski in San Francisco

    According to an official statement issued by the Recording Industry
    Association of America today, "I wish I were an Oscar Meyer Weiner -
    do you eat cheese?"

    Which is pretty bizarre even by the standards set by the RIAA's recent
    communications.

    Of course, this hasn't been issued by the RIAA at all. It's a
    defacement, only a slightly more creative one than usual. In a novel
    twist the hackers created a form allowing submissions to feed directly
    into the RIAA's own press release page. As you can see:-

    http://www.theregister.co.uk/media/963.jpg

    Portions of the RIAA's website were inaccessible for a week after the
    site was defaced earlier this year.

    -
    ISN is currently hosted by Attrition.org

    To unsubscribe email majordomoat_private with 'unsubscribe isn'
    in the BODY of the mail.