Re: [ISN] RIAA invites comments

From: InfoSec News (isnat_private)
Date: Thu Jan 02 2003 - 08:01:08 PST

    Forwarded from: Robert G. Ferrell <rgferrellat_private>

    At 03:00 AM 12/31/02 -0600, InfoSec News wrote:

    > Of course, this hasn't been issued by the RIAA at all. It's a
    > defacement, only a slightly more creative one than usual. In a novel
    > twist the hackers created a form allowing submissions to feed
    > directly into the RIAA's own press release page. As you can see:-

    This just reinforces the comments I made back when the whole Berman
    and Coble anti-p2p hacking fiasco hit the fan.  The RIAA will be toast
    the first time it tries to shut down a p2p network being used by any
    serious blackhats.

    The RIAA has doused itself with wildebeest (or, as a friend of mine
    coined, "bewildebeest") sauce and now wants to go play in the lion's
    den. It's a jungle out there, guys.

    RGF

    Robert G. Ferrell
    rgferrellat_private

    -
    ISN is currently hosted by Attrition.org

    To unsubscribe email majordomoat_private with 'unsubscribe isn'
    in the BODY of the mail.