Re: [ISN] Experts: Microsoft security gets an 'F'

From: InfoSec News (isnat_private)
Date: Tue Feb 11 2003 - 07:06:16 PST

    Forwarded from: Russell Coker <russellat_private>
    Cc: Morris.Hoodyeat_private

    On Mon, 10 Feb 2003 09:37, InfoSec News wrote:
    > As for the nonstop enterprise division of HP goes I would like to
    > chime in, since the question was asked...Our systems are used to run
    > 90% of the stock exchanges world wide. The stock exchanges have
    > chosen our platform because of it's reliability. One key part of
    > reliability is our enterprise operating system (NonSTOP Kernel) does
    > not allow user processes to escalate their privileges levels.

    I think that this sounds very interesting.

    Could you please put one of those machines on the Internet so that Interested
    people can login and see the facilities the NonSTOP kernel offers for
    themselves?

    I have put SE Linux machines on the net with a root password of "1234" on
    several occasions.  I have found this to be very beneficial for introducing
    new users to the technology and for testing it out.

    -
    ISN is currently hosted by Attrition.org

    To unsubscribe email majordomoat_private with 'unsubscribe isn'
    in the BODY of the mail.