Re: [ISN] Mitnick Banned From Security Group

From: InfoSec News (isnat_private)
Date: Mon Feb 17 2003 - 01:19:48 PST

    Forwarded from: hugginsat_private

    What I would like to know is when are ISC2 and ISACA going to revoke
    the certification for those involved in ENRON, AOL, and Global
    Crossing schemes.

    I'm sorry but, what is good for the goose is good for the gander.  If
    we are going to stop Mitnick from joining we should also remove
    membership from those who were involved in these farces as well.
    (Penetration no matter how slight)  if you get my meaning.

    V/r Michael

    Forwarded from: "Robert G. Ferrell" <rgferrellat_private>

    > At 03:33 AM 2/13/03 -0600, InfoSec News wrote:
    >
    >> It didn't last long. Mitnick's password was quickly revoked, and a few
    >> days later he received a letter in certified mail from the
    >> ISSA's headquarters informing him that news of his acceptance was
    >> greatly exaggerated. "The ISSA has determined that your past
    >> behavior does not comply with the ISSA Code of Ethics, therefore we
    >> cannot accept your application at this time," reads the unsigned
    >> letter.
    >
    > This is just a shot in the dark, but I'll betcha if we exposed all the
    > ISSA's members to the same level of scrutiny that Kevin's past has
    > received, there'd be a lot more of these letters sent out.
    >
    > Let he who is without sin cast the first stone.
    >
    > RGF
    >
    > Robert G. Ferrell
    > rgferrellat_private

    -
    ISN is currently hosted by Attrition.org

    To unsubscribe email majordomoat_private with 'unsubscribe isn'
    in the BODY of the mail.