[ISN] [defaced-commentary] Cryptome.org Defaced

From: InfoSec News (isnat_private)
Date: Wed Feb 26 2003 - 22:56:15 PST

    ---------- Forwarded message ----------
    Date: Wed, 26 Feb 2003 11:19:09 -0500 (EST)
    From: security curmudgeon <jerichoat_private>
    To: defaced-commentaryat_private
    Subject: [defaced-commentary] Cryptome.org Defaced

    John Young's cryptome.org site is currently defaced. Defacement reads:

    hacked by bighawk of hackweiser (bighawkat_private)

    www.cryptome.org's http logs
    cryptome.org's mail

    --

    The http logs link to what appear to be legitimate cryptome.org web logs
    and you should be able to see your own IP if you load it. The mail that is

    According to kryptology.org:

    I have nothing to do with the defacement of cryptome.org.
    My nick and email were probably used in an attempt to bring me in
    discredit.

    --

    Given Cryptome's history of providing an incredible resource of
    information and standing up to incredible pressure to remove content, it

    -
    The information and commentary is Copyright 2002, by the individual author.
    Permission is granted to quote, reprint or redistribute provided the text is not
    altered, and the author and attrition.org is credited. The opinions expressed
    in this mail are not necessarily the opinion of all Attrition staff members.

    Commentary Archive: http://www.attrition.org/security/commentary/
    The Attrition Mirror: http://www.attrition.org/mirror/attrition/
    Country/TLD Statistics: http://www.attrition.org/mirror/attrition/country.html
    Attrition Defacement Statistics: http://www.attrition.org/mirror/attrition/stats.html
    Operating System Graphs: http://www.attrition.org/mirror/attrition/os-graphs.html

    Contacting Attrition Staff: staffat_private

    To subscribe to Defaced Commentary, send mail to majordomoat_private
    with "subscribe defaced-commentary" in the BODY of the mail (without
    quotes). To unsubscribe, include "unsubscribe defaced-commentary" in
    the BODY of the mail.

    -
    ISN is currently hosted by Attrition.org

    To unsubscribe email majordomoat_private with 'unsubscribe isn'
    in the BODY of the mail.