[ISN] DEF CON Announcement: CFP, Media now on line!

From: InfoSec News (isnat_private)
Date: Thu Mar 20 2003 - 23:05:41 PST

    Forwarded from: The Dark Tangent <dtangentat_private>

    Hello everyone,

    I would like to make several DEF CON related announcements.

    The Call For Papers for speaking at DEF CON ELEVEN (or XI, 0x0B, 1.1,
    11)  is now on-line and in effect. Continuing last year, we will continue
    to pay speakers. We are also continuing to improve speaker quality. It is
    no longer enough to have green hair and an attitude.
    Check it out at: http://www.defcon.org/html/defcon-11/defcon-11-cfp.html

    The speeches from DEF CON 0a are now on-line with the DEF CON media server.
    90% of the talks are encoded with Real Helix and should be at a better
    resolution than past media. The missing talks are being hunted down now and
    re-encoded. Only video is currently available, with the audio only encoding
    to follow. Listen to 60+ talks spanning privacy, wireless, hacking, network
    defense and more!
    DEF CON 0a Media:
    http://www.defcon.org/html/links/defcon-media-archives.html#DEF CON 10

    Solicitation for papers, stories, and art: Contrary to rumors on IRC, DEF
    CON is not starting a publication. What we are doing is expanding the show
    program to be more of than just a show guide since last year's program with
    the added articles was such a huge hit. As such we are looking for serious
    technical articles, relating to the underground scene, privacy, computer
    security, humor, stories, and art.
    Go to http://www.defcon.org/html/defcon-11/defcon-11-program.html

    Thank you,
    The Dark Tangent

    -
    ISN is currently hosted by Attrition.org

    To unsubscribe email majordomoat_private with 'unsubscribe isn'
    in the BODY of the mail.