Re: [Full-Disclosure] RE: [ISN] DARPA pulls OpenBSD funding

From: Darren Reed (avalonat_private)
Date: Sat Apr 19 2003 - 16:31:16 PDT

    In some mail from Paul Schmehl, sie said:

    > But that's his privilege.  If he chooses to express his thoughts in that
    > way, he has every right to do so.  That's precisely what freedom is.

    But a person in so doing must be prepared to respect the rights and
    well being of others or in infringing upon them, be prepared to pay
    duely for it if suffering is endured by others and so we have laws
    that define libel, defamation, official secrecy acts, etc, that might
    seem to be at odds with "freedom of speech" but in essence, aim to
    uphold what it is there for in the first place - to make life better
    and easier for all.

    Darren
    Full-Disclosure - We believe in it.
    Charter: http://lists.netsys.com/full-disclosure-charter.html