Re: [ISN] Hacker has field day

From: InfoSec News (isnat_private)
Date: Wed May 07 2003 - 02:13:06 PDT

    Forwarded from: Aj Effin Reznor <ajat_private>

    [ http://www.bday.co.za/bday/content/direct/1,3523,1339964-6080-0,00.html - WK]

    "InfoSec News was known to say....."

    > Reinhardt Buys, an internet legal expert, said there has never been a
    > cyber attack on such a scale in South Africa before. The previous
    > record was 26 websites on a single day.
    >
    > All 53 websites that came under attack are supported by the Linux
    > operating system and were carried on the same server.

    Is that to say all 53 sites were on the same physical box?  Vhosted?
    If so does this really qualify as a mass hack if only one host has
    to be compromised to take all the sites.  Can we get responsible reporting
    in 2003?

    -
    ISN is currently hosted by Attrition.org

    To unsubscribe email majordomoat_private with 'unsubscribe isn'
    in the BODY of the mail.