[ISN] Honeypots: Definitions and Values

From: InfoSec News (isnat_private)
Date: Tue May 13 2003 - 22:17:03 PDT

    Forwarded from: Lance Spitzner <lanceat_private>

    Last year I attempted to define and describe what honeypots are in the
    paper "Honeypots: Definitions and Values".  Since then, both honeypot
    technologies and our understanding of them has dramatically improved.
    As such, I've totally re-written the paper to better refelct the
    flexibility and capabilities of honeypots.  I hope this paper helps
    the security community understand what honeypots are all about, and
    what they can do for us.

       Honeypots: Definitions and Values
       http://www.tracking-hackers.com/papers/honeypots.html

    Thanks!

    --
    Lance Spitzner
    http://www.tracking-hackers.com

    -
    ISN is currently hosted by Attrition.org

    To unsubscribe email majordomoat_private with 'unsubscribe isn'
    in the BODY of the mail.