Re: [ISN] Worker vengeance makes its way online

From: InfoSec News (isnat_private)
Date: Sat May 24 2003 - 00:25:59 PDT

    Forwarded from: f.johan.beisser <janat_private>

    On Fri, 23 May 2003, InfoSec News wrote:

    > But increasingly, it's insiders who know passwords and have access
    > to a company's computer system who have the ability and, at times,
    > the desire to commit electronic sabotage. ''You used to send someone
    > home and take away their keys,'' Burroughs said. ''Now, in
    > Massachusetts in particular, you have sophisticated employees who
    > know everything you can know about your computer system.''

    what i don't understand is why the employer doesn't take the former
    employees keys away. lock the account, change the password on it, do
    something to ensure that person does not have access to the system
    anymore.

    it seems irresponsible of the company to not take those simple
    percausions.

    	The other day I asked former Yankees pitcher Jim Bouton
            what he thought of our great victory over Iraq, and he
            said, "Mohammed Ali versus Mr. Rogers."
    		-- kurt vonnegut, 5.9.03

    -
    ISN is currently hosted by Attrition.org

    To unsubscribe email majordomoat_private with 'unsubscribe isn'
    in the BODY of the mail.