RE: [ISN] Cyber security chief sees 'business approach' at DHS

From: InfoSec News (isnat_private)
Date: Mon Jun 30 2003 - 00:43:06 PDT

    Forwarded from: Rob Rosenberger <junkmailat_private>

      >>Liscouski was in Framingham, Mass., Thursday, speaking with
      >>members of  the press and discussing the government's plans
      >>to fight cyberterrorism and protect the nation's critical
      >>infrastructure.

    I can't recall seeing any of these guys giving a press conference on
    the newly reconstructed side of the Pentagon or on the site where the
    World Trade Center used to stand.  Don't we care enough about
    cyber-terrorism to warn the folks who suffered physical terrorism?

    Somebody needs to go to NYC and say "we took more than a billion from
    your physical counter-terrorism fund so we can afford to protect
    cyberspace and send people to computer security courses."  If we tell
    New Yorkers about the threat of ping packets, I'm sure they'll
    understand.  Who knows?  They might even divert some money from the
    WTC memorial fund to help us protect PCs...

    Rob

    -
    ISN is currently hosted by Attrition.org

    To unsubscribe email majordomoat_private with 'unsubscribe isn'
    in the BODY of the mail.