Re: [ISN] Program focuses on security response

From: InfoSec News (isnat_private)
Date: Wed Jul 16 2003 - 00:44:01 PDT

    Forwarded from: Mark Bernard <mbernardat_private>

    Dear Associates,

    I would debate that although the CISSP may be the most popular
    security certification that the CISA has been around for nearly as
    long as ISACA and that would be 30 years. In comparison the CISSP has
    only been around for ten years and doesn't measure proven experience.

    I am wondering when we will see a more comprehensive designation that
    will take the CISSP for 'beginner' to 'expert' instead of what has
    become a steady diet of hundreds of very specialized designations.

    Regards,
    Mark E. S. Bernard, CISM, CISSP.