[ISN] Call for donations for InfoSec News

From: InfoSec News (isnat_private)
Date: Tue Sep 02 2003 - 06:16:37 PDT

    Call for donations for InfoSec News!

    Back on July 1st when we last went looking for donations, we had a
    little under 2% response ratio. This would have been great if we were
    trying to sell you goods and merchandise, but its a little shocking
    when its in regards to asking for a little money to keep the show on
    the road, and improve on all the litle things everyone keeps asking
    about. (News on the web, RSS feeds, digest modes)

    While I REALLY understand its a down economy in everyone but a few
    select eyes :) I would really appreciate it if you would check out the
    link below and donate at least $1 or more. With a little over 3500
    subscribers, a dollar or two would insure that InfoSec News can stay
    the advertiser free and vendor neutral newsletter that many of you
    depend on daily to keep abreast of security news and trends.

    Thanks for your time!

    William Knowles
    wkat_private

    -=-

    http://www.c4i.org/contribute.html

    Richard Clarke once said...

    "If you spend more on coffee than on IT security, then you will be
    hacked. What's more, you deserve to be hacked."

    InfoSec News is in a cash crunch.  While we could start accepting
    funds in lieu of sponsorship on the list, we would rather take
    donations from subscribers to keep InfoSec News advertising free.
    It's sorely needed and helps a good cause!

    For $1.00 at the local diner, you can buy a bottomless cup of coffee.
    At the local bookstore, a large three shot, double latte cappuccino is
    about $4.00. Ideally we'd like to see every InfoSec News subscriber
    sacrifice at least one or two days without his or her coffee to enable
    us to buy the equipment needed to not only continue the work we've
    been doing, but improve our services.

    Immediate and near term improvements such as a digest version of the
    list, RSS feeds of InfoSec News and other crucial security mailing
    lists, and archives of past articles for download to run searches
    yourself.

    A donation of $1 to $4 isn't a lot when you consider the work done
    behind the scenes here, such as dealing with Microsoft SMTPSVC,
    bounced mail, and dead addresses. Its no small feat finding,
    filtering, formatting, and analyzing the news stories that more than
    3500 information security, homeland defense, and open source
    intelligence professionals depend on a daily basis.

    http://www.c4i.org/contribute.html

    Through PayPal we can accept donations in the following currencies:
    U.S. Dollars, Canadian Dollars, Euro's, Pounds Sterling, & Yen.

    Using Amazon's Honor System, you can use your credit card without
    retyping it if Amazon already has it on file. Amazon keeps
    approximately 15 percent of each donation.

    If you don't trust either one of them, the mailing address here is.

    C4I.org
    Post Office Box 24
    Golf, Illinois 60029-0024
    U.S.A

    Thank you for your consideration!

    William Knowles
    wkat_private

    "Communications without intelligence is noise;  Intelligence
    without communications is irrelevant." Gen Alfred. M. Gray, USMC
    C4I.org - Computer Security, & Intelligence - http://www.c4i.org
    Help C4I.org with a donation: http://www.c4i.org/contribute.html