[ISN] Sidebar: CEO Responds on Firing

From: InfoSec News (isn@private)
Date: Wed Oct 08 2003 - 07:50:01 PDT

    http://www.computerworld.com/securitytopics/security/story/0,10801,85685,00.html

    Dan Verton
    OCTOBER 06, 2003
    COMPUTERWORLD

    @stake's president and CEO, said in a statement that he placed "a
    number of unreturned phone calls" to Geer before the company announced
    his dismissal.

    "He finally returned my call after the release of the report [on
    Microsoft], at which time I informed him that his services were no
    longer required," Mobley said. "This conversation occurred prior to my
    authorization of the release of @stake's public statement."

    Mobley added that he has "the greatest respect for Dr. Geer as a
    research scientist and security expert."

    -
    ISN is currently hosted by Attrition.org