Re: [ISN] Microsoft posts 'revisions' to security bulletins

From: InfoSec News (isn@private)
Date: Sun Oct 26 2003 - 23:53:40 PST

Forwarded from: Mark Bernard <mbernard@private>

Dear Associates,

In my opinion its pretty darn obvious that they don't know what
affects what, which leads to other questions concerning integrity,
quality, testing practices and security. I think that if M$ continues
down the path of "lets patch this here and there" that 90% of the
World operating systems will come to a screeching halt someday.  It is
also my opinion that after they have modified the original code by 25%
or 50%? that it won't be easy to undo the problem by simply adding
another layer.

Actually M$ could probably use this link, its chalked full of valuable
information regarding the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC). I
found it very interesting that the US DOJ is now involved in software
development so much that they are dictating software development
standards and practices. The best part about this standards released
in January of 2003 is that it has information security integrated
throughout.; http://www.usdoj.gov/jmd/irm/lifecycle/table.htm;

Enjoy!

Best regards,
Mark.