[ISN] RE: Well...

From: InfoSec News (isn@private)
Date: Tue Mar 02 2004 - 08:49:20 PST

    I'm sorry that another virus infected mail has leaked through, and due
    to poor authentication routines in majordomo, this may happen again.

    The best I can tell, its a Verizon DSL consumer or SOHO user that
    either has no firewall or anti-virus running, or does, but its
    expired, and keeping their subscription to Lightspeed World is
    more important.

    http://www.dnsstuff.com/tools/whois.ch?ip=68.236.192.137

    Longtime ISN subscribers know that we don't send out attachments, if
    you did click on the attachment, the virus was W32.Beagle.E@mm.

    There is a number of programs now available to rid your
    computer/network of W32.Beagle.E@mm, (Check with your vendor)

    Thanks for your continued support!

    William Knowles
    wk@private

    "Communications without intelligence is noise;  Intelligence
    without communications is irrelevant." Gen Alfred. M. Gray, USMC
    C4I.org - Computer Security, & Intelligence - http://www.c4i.org
    Help C4I.org with a donation: http://www.c4i.org/contribute.html