[ISN] Infosecdaily.net: Expanding our blogging community.

From: InfoSec News (isn@private)
Date: Mon Mar 08 2004 - 01:46:13 PST

    Forwarded from: Ejovi Nuwere <ejovi@private>

    Infosecdaily.net: Expanding our blogging community.

    Our focus is on aggregating security news for technologist. The site was
    made by security researchers for the public as a free resource and
    continues grow. We now aggregate more then one hundred and twenty security
    and privacy related news feeds and the list is growing.

    Another part of the site that has grown is the blogging section. We
    currently monitor more then one hundred bloggers. Now we'd like to bring
    this to the attention of other security and privacy bloggers and offer
    them an opportunity to speak their mind free of editing and commercial
    interference. With consolidation in the security industry, we are
    searching for citizen journalists that are willing to speak candidly.

    When we begin aggregating security and privacy blogs, we thought we would
    see one unified voice, all bloggers would be speaking on the same topic of
    the day. However we found the opposite to be true. When all the news
    focused on the most recent Microsoft security flaws, bloggers continued to
    provide a diverse range of news topics. When bloggers did write about the
    Microsoft flaws they were real people dealing with the security issue at
    hand, at work or at home.

    What the security and privacy industry needs are more voices from the
    street, dealing with the issues in the news. We need more citizen
    journalist. InfoSecDaily invites those already blogging about these topics
    to send us a note bloggers@private and request to be added to our
    feed.

    There are a number of wonderful independent writers we have not seen yet.
    We encourage those of you writing on privacy & infosec to integrate RSS
    feeds into your site and reach a new audience.

    Please help us support an independent security voice.

    The InfoSecDaily Team,
    Ejovi Nuwere, Jose Nazario
    http://www.InfoSecDaily.net

    -
    ISN is currently hosted by Attrition.org