[ISN] Problems with viruses and ISN (was RE: Hi! :-) RE: Virus)

From: InfoSec News (isn@private)
Date: Mon Mar 08 2004 - 01:41:37 PST

    Due to the second posting of a virus in as many weeks, ISN was given a
    stand down and other replacement mailing list programs are being
    evaluated.

    In the interim, we're continuing InfoSec News with with the password
    on, which I doubt any version of Bagle or Netsky will be able forward
    future virus infected payloads, but that doesn't mean that we're going
    to stick with Majordomo, expect a shift to better mail list manager
    software in the very near future.

    Oh and J Random Hacker, if you were looking for new viruses for your
    collection, all you had to do is ask, like everyone else does when
    looking for a copy of the latest virii floating around.

    But mailing the list via the same spoofing flaw that has been present
    in Majordomo for half a decade was very childish. Any real hacker
    would have suggested a fix for the buggy internal screening mechanisms
    that plague Majordomo.

    Thanks for your support!

    William Knowles
    wk@private

    "Communications without intelligence is noise;  Intelligence
    without communications is irrelevant." Gen Alfred. M. Gray, USMC
    C4I.org - Computer Security, & Intelligence - http://www.c4i.org
    Help C4I.org with a donation: http://www.c4i.org/contribute.html