Re: [ISN] Symantec: Boom Times For Hackers

From: InfoSec News (isn@private)
Date: Thu Mar 18 2004 - 00:29:53 PST

    Forwarded from: Mark Bernard <mbernard@private>

    Dear Associates,

    Am I not sure if I am the only one here that is concerned about this
    fact or not, so here it goes. Isn't it at cross purposes perhaps even
    a ethical question, that a report like this was created by a company
    that sells the stuff to prevent all this bad stuff from happening to
    you? Why has no one ever suggested this before? It seems like a
    logical conclusion.

    For me independent sources, even if only in appearances, would help to
    validate this information adding credibility and trust.

    It appears that each and every group from Symantec to PWC, E & Y and
    CSI/FBI has a different story to tell and its difficult to tell which
    one is correct because none of them support each other.

    Regards,
    Mark.