RE: [ISN] [Vmyths.com ALERT] Hysteria over ''Sasser'' worm

From: InfoSec News (isn@private)
Date: Sun May 09 2004 - 23:48:54 PDT

    Fowarded from: Rob Rosenberger <junkmail@private>

      >>I've not read AFP newswire story

      >>MTV3 news (Finnish TV channel) reported that Sampo
      >>actually got infected.

    Check out http://www.busrep.co.za/index.php?fArticleId=424286 when you get a
    chance.

    "'We decided to close our offices as a precaution, since we knew that our
    virus protection hadn't been updated," Sampo spokesman Hannu Vuola told AFP.
    'It is possible that we have some minor problems with this (worm) already,
    so this was the best decision to avoid any serious problems,' he added."

      >>I find it hard to believe that Sampo would have closed
      >>their branch offices as a "precautionary measure".

    Believe it.  Hope this insight helps...

    Rob Rosenberger
    http://Vmyths.com