RE: [ISN] Safe and insecure

From: InfoSec News (isn@private)
Date: Mon May 24 2004 - 00:19:52 PDT

    Forwarded from: Chad W. Didier <cdidier@private>

    I think this would fall under the category of "willful neglect". No
    one can be held responsible for the abuse of a technology that is
    flawed. But, to publically state you're not going to make reasonable
    attempts to secure it is "willful neglect". One could be held liable.
    Perhaps not criminally but, in a civil trial one may find themselves
    held responsible and liable for damages for the abuses of another.