Re: [ISN] Book Review: Network Security Architectures by Sean Convery

From: InfoSec News (isn@private)
Date: Fri Jun 25 2004 - 06:09:32 PDT

    Forwarded from: Ido Dubrawsky <idubraws@private>

    On Wed, Jun 23, 2004 at 06:00:08AM -0500, InfoSec News wrote:
    > Forwarded from: Gary Hinson <gary@private>
    >
    > %T      Network Security Architectures - expert guidance on designing secure networks
    > %A      Sean Convery CCIE
    > %I      Cisco Press, IN, USA
    > %D      April 2004
    > %G      ISBN 158705115X
    > %P      739 pages
    > %O      $55 from www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/158705115X/wwwnoticeborc-20
    >

    > The book is liberally sprinkled with URLs to useful additional
    > resources although I fear some of them will be out of date before this
    > book is out of print (an accompanying reference website might have
    > been useful, Cisco!).  Each chapter concludes with exam-style review
    > questions (with answers) and further questions intended to stimulate
    > the reader to think about the material in their local organizational
    > context. The topic almost inevitably involves loads of acronyms so
    > thankfully a succinct glossary is included.

    I wanted to forward this bit of information from Sean Convery (the
    author of the book) to the list regarding the request for an
    accompanying reference website for the book:

    : Thanks for sending the review along. I'm very glad folks are finding
    : the book useful. One small point of note: the reference website
    : requested does indeed exist. I reference it in the preface. All the
    : links in URL form are posted here:
    :
    : http://www.seanconvery.com/nsalinks.html
    :
    : There's also some other book related stuff off of the root,
    : including a sample chapter and a repository for errata as we find
    : it.
    :
    : Thanks again,
    :
    : Sean

    Ido
                            | Ido Dubrawsky, CISSP   E-mail: idubraws@private
         |          |       | Network Security Architect
        :|:        :|:      | VSEC Technical Marketing, SAFE Architecture Team
       :|||:      :|||:     | Cisco Systems, Inc.
    .:|||||||:..:|||||||:.  | Silver Spring, MD. 20902