[ISN] New method of phising?

From: InfoSec News (isn@private)
Date: Sun Aug 29 2004 - 23:28:15 PDT

Forwarded from: Tcat Houser <tcat@private>

I don't have a print reference for this... Sorry!

This grandfather was talking to his mother... Old but not stupid (her
anyway).

She got a land-line telephone call from a computer thanking her for
her credit-card application, however they needed to "confirm" some
personal data. That of course was a red-flag to her. She sure as hell
doesn't need to create more things to tidy up should she die tomorrow.
(A possiblity as her only son is an AARP member!)

As a pretty happy VoIP user with an unlimited account, I can see where
it would be rather easy to setup an off-shore VoIP with a stolen CC to
continue harvesting.

Forwarded is forarmed.
Tcat

Open Source Vulnerability Database (OSVDB) Everything is Vulnerable - http://www.osvdb.org/