[ISN] [infowarrior] - Assistance Requested: Rewriting the NISPOM Sec 8

From: InfoSec News (isn@private)
Date: Mon Sep 13 2004 - 00:44:03 PDT

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Fri, 10 Sep 2004 08:58:16 -0400
From: Richard Forno <rforno@private>
To: Richard Forno <rforno@private>
Subject: [infowarrior] - Assistance Requested: Rewriting the NISPOM Sec 8

A new blog has been established to solicit community/contractor
feedback and participation on a project to re-evaluate, rewrite, and
more effectively automate NISPOM Chapter 8 dealing with IT security,
certification/accreditation, etc.  (Something long overdue, IMHO!)

The director of the NISPOM Chapter 8 rewrite and the director of the
initiative to "fix the [C&A] process" is behind this venture and the
official project has the spoken approval of the new Acting Director of
the DSS.

Note: This blog is not an official site of the USG nor is it endorsed
or to be considered endorsed by the USG.  I'm not involved with the
site or project except in helping my senior DSS friend promote it
within the security community.

Theoretical Industrial Security IS Accreditation:
http://nispom.blogspot.com/

-rick
Infowarrior.org

Donate online for the Ron Santo Walk to Cure Diabetes - http://www.c4i.org/ethan.html