[ISN] Quick note: Ron Santo/JDRF Walk this weekend!

From: InfoSec News (isn@private)
Date: Thu Sep 30 2004 - 03:22:06 PDT

Forwarded from: William Knowles <wk@private>

Our family and friends are preparing for the Juvenile Diabetes
Research Foundation (JDRF) "Ron Santo Walk to Cure Diabetes" which
will occur on Sunday, October 3rd, 2004. Our walk team is called
Ethan's Crew and this is our fifth year of participation. Everyone is
doing their best to help find a cure. Of every dollar raised at the
JDRF/Ron Santo Walk, 85 cents goes toward research to find a cure.

If you would like to make a donation, please check out the link below.

http://walk.jdrf.org/walker.cfm?id=85820962

I am walking because of my little nephew who is 5 years old and was
diagnosed with Type 1, or Juvenile Diabetes just 11 days after his
first birthday.

He now wears an insulin pump which at this time is his best chance for
a more flexible and healthy lifestyle. Wearing the pump means that he
does not get the 5 to 6 insulin shots daily, although he still must
endure the pain of moving the tubing site every 3 days and as many as
8 finger sticks daily. He is also still at risk for developing
devasting complications such as kidney failure, heart disease and
blindness. He must wear the pump 24/7 even in the bathtub and the
swimming pool.

As a member of Ethan's Crew, I am asking for your support. I would
hope that you would sponsor me. Ethan's Crew would appreciate any
contribution, no matter how small.

With deep appreciation,

William Knowles
wk@private

http://walk.jdrf.org/walker.cfm?id=85820962

"Communications without intelligence is noise;  Intelligence
without communications is irrelevant." Gen Alfred. M. Gray, USMC
C4I.org - Computer Security, & Intelligence - http://www.c4i.org

Donate online for the Ron Santo Walk to Cure Diabetes - http://www.c4i.org/ethan.html