[ISN] Assessing Network Security

From: InfoSec News (isn@private)
Date: Wed Nov 03 2004 - 04:56:09 PST

http://books.slashdot.org/books/04/11/02/207244.shtml

[ http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/0735620334/c4iorg  - WK]

November 02, 2004

Anton Chuvakin writes "I've read some pretty bad books on penetration
testing; till now, nobody seemed to get this fun subject right! Good
news - this time somebody did. Assessing Network Security comes to us
direct from the bunkers of Redmond. Written by three Microsoft
security researchers, the book provides a great overview as well as an
in-depth coverage of assessing security via penetration testing
('pentesting'), scanning, IT audit and other means." Read on for the
rest of Chuvakin's review of the book.

Assessing Network Security