[ISN] India to work jointly with Russia to tackle cyber crime

From: InfoSec News (isn@private)
Date: Mon Dec 06 2004 - 01:27:48 PST

http://www.hindustantimes.com/news/181_1136746,0003.htm

Press Trust of India
Bangalore
December 4, 2004

India's Cyber Emergency Response Team (CERT) plans to jointly work
with Russia to combat cyber crime, including virus and hacker attacks
in their computer networks, a top IT department official said on
Saturday.

"We are trying to see how best our CERT can work with Russian
authorities on Information Security and prevent attacks by virus,
worms and hackers," Union IT Department Joint Secretary Madhavan
Nambiar said in Bangalore.

Delivering his address at the Indo-Russian Information and
Communication Technologies Cooperation Conference in Bangalore,
Nambiar said the cyber security plan was in the early stages, but CERT
had already signed a protocol on e-security with Russia.

He said the three areas of cooperation in the IT domain were software
parks, Information Security and Software services.

The Software Technology Parks of India (STPI) was in the process of
setting up a software park in Moscow, Nambiar said.

Russian IT Minister Leonid D Reiman invited Indian software service
firms to leverage the engineering talent in his country to export
software to Europe and the United States.

"We want to retain talent within Russia and Indian companies can work
on projects in our country for customers in third countries like
Europe and America," he said.

Reiman said the Russian IT industry team, which has joined President
Vladimir Putin's delegation, was keen to learn about the success of
India in the software sector and replicate it in their country.

Open Source Vulnerability Database (OSVDB) Everything is Vulnerable - http://www.osvdb.org/