[ISN] Book Review: SPAM Kings (aka S*PAM _KiNgS)

From: InfoSec News (isn@private)
Date: Mon Mar 07 2005 - 23:23:36 PST

Forwarded from: Doctor Spook <dr.spook@private>

Title: Spam Kings: The Real Story behind the High-Rolling Hucksters...
Author: Brian McWilliams
Pages: 256
Publisher: O'Reilly; 1 edition (September, 2004)
Reviewer: Dr. Spook
ISBN: 0-596-00732-9
Buy From Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/0596007329/c4iorg

This is the book for that gloomy afternoon. It is "The real story
behind the high-rolling hucksters pushing PRON, PILL, and @*#?%
Enlargements" (I wonder how many ISN readers will not see this review
due to spam filtering).

Fascinating read on the world of SPAM, both the purveyors of such, and
the crusaders against it. We meet Davis Wolfgang Hawke (formerly known
as Andrew Britt Greenbaum), and watch his rise from Jewish Nazi (now
there's a dichotomy) to millionaire spammer. We learn of the fight by
front line warriors, and their constant uphill battle to save us from
the onslaught.

This book is well-researched, and reads like the very best of
detective fiction. Rush right out and buy a copy. Buy two, and give
one to your Aunt Mabel as a gift.

-=-

Dr. Spook is a security researcher, currently employed in the defense
industry, who prefers anonymity. The good doctor has associates in
most TLAs, and in some security groups as well.

When not absorbed with the latest debacles from a wide array of
software and hardware vendors, Dr. Spook is amused by the interesting
puzzles left in the works of such notables as Elias Ashmole and John
Dee.

Bellua Cyber Security Asia 2005 -
http://www.bellua.com/bcs2005