[ISN] Black Hat Federal and Europe CFP and Registration now open

From: InfoSec News (isn@private)
Date: Thu Nov 03 2005 - 06:44:42 PST

Forwarded from: Jeff Moss <jmoss@private>

Hello Information Security News readers,

Things have been busy at Black Hat, and I would like to make some
brief announcements about our Call For Papers (CFP), Registration, RSS
+ Pod casts, and legal battles.

BLACK HAT FEDERAL 2006 Trainings and Briefings
January 23rd to the 26th Sheraton Crystal City, Washington D.C.
- Call For Papers is now open.
- Registration for the Trainings and Briefings are open.

BLACK HAT EUROPE 2006 Trainings and Briefings
February 28th to March 3rd Grand Hotel Krasnapolsky, Amsterdam, the Netherlands
- Call For Papers is now open.
- Registration for the Trainings and Briefings are open.

BLACK HAT RSS FEED
The RSS feed from Black Hat can be used to keep you up to date with
announcements, presentations, and new speech content. Check it out:
http://www.blackhat.com/BlackHatRSS.xml

BLACK HAT JAPAN 2005 PODCASTS
The presentations from the recent Black Hat Japan Briefings are now
on-line. We are also experimenting with new ways to share our content
with the community, and the first of these is to release some of the
audio recordings as “pod casts” in .m4a format through our RSS feed.

BLACK PAGE UPDATE
Early next week you will see my first written statement regarding the
Cisco/ISS incident that occurred at the summer Black Hat in Las Vegas.
The issues brought up last summer are important to the entire security
community and I invite the community to read and reflect on my
thoughts, as well as those of other security experts.
http://www.blackhat.com/html/bh-blackpage/bh-blackpage.html

IN MORE DETAIL:

FEDERAL 2006 CALL FOR PAPERS
Black Hat is proud to return to Washington D.C. after its last
Briefings in 2003. For 2006 there will be expanded training offerings,
focused presentations, and a convenient central location two metro
stops from the Pentagon.

Black Hat Federal 2006 is a unique show specifically crafted to look
at issues important to those charged with protecting critical networks
and information from the most sophisticated adversaries. Submissions
should be very technical and specific to threats and defenses that
surround the challenging security problems facing hosts and networks
today. We hope to offer a federal perspective on security issues and
new directions to further security trade craft.

The Federal Government faces different threat models than the
corporate community, with adversaries having different motivations,
resources, and tools. Submissions should reflect this difference, with
suggested topics including the current state of root kits and their
detection, network IDS evasion & detection, covert communications,
reverse engineering / anti-reverse engineering, defeating biometric
systems, and the current state of the exploit development life cycle.
http://blackhat.com/html/bh-federal-06/bh-fed-06-cfp.html

BLACK HAT FEDERAL 2006 REGISTRATION
Black Hat Federal 2006 Briefings and Trainings registration is now
open. The Briefings offer two tracks over two days with 22
presentations. There will be 11 Trainings classes, with new offerings
such as Saumil Shah's "The Exploit Laboratory - Buffer Overflows For
Beginners," and Matt Hargett's "Binary Static Analysis: From the
Inside-Out." Class sizes for all trainings are limited to ensure each
student receives individual attention.
Register early before classes fill up and to receive an early discount.
http://www.blackhat.com/html/bh-registration/bh-registration.html#Fed

EUROPE 2006 CALL FOR PAPERS
The Black Hat Briefings 2006 Europe CFP is opened. Submit your cutting
edge, vendor neutral security research today. Black Hat Europe '06
takes place February 28th to March 3rd at the Grand Hotel
Krasnapolsky, Amsterdam, the Netherlands.
http://blackhat.com/html/bh-europe-06/bh-eu-06-cfp.html

BLACK HAT EUROPE 2006 REGISTRATION OPEN
Black Hat Europe 2006 Briefings and Trainings registration is now
open. The Briefings offer two tracks over two days with 25
presentations. There will be 10 Training classes with new offerings
and an updated SensePost class "Hacking by Numbers: Combat Edition."
Due to limited class size, many of our classes fill up quickly.
Register early to ensure training availability and to take advantage
of our early bird registration discount.
http://www.blackhat.com/html/bh-registration/bh-registration.html#eu

WHAT IS THE BLACK HAT BRIEFINGS?
The Black Hat Briefings fill the need for computer security
professionals to better understand the security risks and potential
threats to their information infrastructures and computer systems.
Black Hat accomplishes this by assembling a group of vendor-neutral
security professionals and having them present candidly about the
problems businesses face and their solutions to those problems. No
gimmicks - just straight talk by people who make it their business to
explore the ever-changing security space.

IMPORTANT DATES
- January 23-26: Federal Briefings 2006 & Training, Sheraton Crystal City, Washington, DC
- February 28-March 3: Europe 2006 Briefings & Training, Grand Hotel Krasnapolsky, Amsterdam, the Netherlands
- July 29-August 3: USA 2006 Briefings & Training, Caesars Palace, Las Vegas

Please visit http://www.blackhat.com/ for more complete information.

Jeff Moss

Earn your Master's degree in Information Security ONLINE
www.msia.norwich.edu/csi
Study IA management practices and the latest infosec issues.
Norwich University is an NSA Center of Excellence.