Re: [ISN] DHS & Your Tax Dollars

From: InfoSec News (isn@private)
Date: Sun Jan 15 2006 - 22:26:11 PST

Forwarded from: Marjorie Simmons <lawyer@private>

FOIA requires records disclosure unless the records fall within one of
the nine exemptions to the Act. Two of those enumerated exemptions
are:

1)	Those specifically authorized under criteria established
	by an Executive Order to be kept secret in the interest
	of national defense or foreign policy, and are classified
	as such; and
2)	Records or information compiled for law enforcement
	purposes.

Therefore, I do not find it surprising at all that FOIA requests are
taking a year and longer and that some are never granted at all.
Executive Orders for such secrecy are themselves not always disclosed.
Related legality investigations are being consistently waylaid and
stymied by some dubious claims of executive privilege and national
security, and have been since this President first took the office.

Consider that the present state of any helpful information coming from
this administration will continue as long as those persons who make up
this particular administration and its milieu are persons of power in
DC and Virginia, and for as long as Henry Kissinger's' "useless
eaters" believe in the inherent integrity of the holder of the Office
of the President, no matter how baldfaced its lies.

   "Let the people know the truth and the country is safe."
     -- Abraham Lincoln

Marjorie Simmons