[ISN] Shadowboxing With a Bot Herder

From: InfoSec News (isn@private)
Date: Thu Mar 09 2006 - 22:18:56 PST

http://blog.washingtonpost.com/securityfix/2006/03/post.html

By Brian Krebs
March 9, 2006

Security Fix had an interesting online conversation Tuesday night with
a hacker who controls a vast, distributed network of hacked Microsoft
Windows computers, also known as a "botnet."

I went into the interview knowing very little about this individual,
other than his online alter ego, "Witlog," and that he has infected
close to 30,000 Windows PCs with his computer worm, which he claims is