[ISN] Recon 2006: Guest speakers announcement. Call for papers and early registration ending in less than 2 weeks.

From: InfoSec News (isn@private)
Date: Tue Mar 21 2006 - 01:11:28 PST

Forwarded from: Hugo Fortier <hfortier@private>

Recon 2006 - 16th 17th 18th June 2006 - Plaza Hotel, Montreal -
http://recon.cx

We are pleased to announce the guest speakers of Recon 2006 :

Anthony de Almeida Lopes: Multi-cavity NOP-infection Operating System-
Independent x86 Virus
David Hulton (h1kari): Breaking Wi-Fi... Faster! (with FPGA)
Joe Stewart: OllyBone - Semi-Automatic Unpacking on IA-32
Spoon: IDARub (IDARub is an IDA plugin that wraps the IDA SDK for
access from the Ruby programming language)

Early registration ends in less than two weeks so if you want a cheap
ticket register now!
visit http://recon.cx/en/reg.html for more details.

The Call For Papers deadline is 31st of March, 2006 so if you want
to present at Recon 2006 you have less than two weeks left submit
your paper.
For more details on the CFP please visit http://recon.cx/en/cfp.html.

Recon 2005 videos : http://2005.recon.cx/recon2005/papers/

We are offering three training courses this year.

* Advanced Reverse Engineering
Learn how to unpack Packers and Protectors, and how to analyse
Polymorphic viruses
Instructor: Nicolas Brulez
Dates: 13-15 June 2006
Availabilty: 18 seats

* Introduction to Reverse Engineering
Learn how you can reverse engineer programs to understand their inner
workings
Instructor: Nicolas Brulez
Dates: 19-21 June 2006
Availabilty: 18 seats

* Packet Mastering the Monkey Way
Learn how to write scanners, sniffers and packet flooders using libpcap,
libdnet, and libevent.
Instructor: Jose Nazario and Marius Eriksen
Dates: 14-15 June 2006
Availabilty: 18 seats

For more details on the trainings go to http://recon.cx/en/training.html

InfoSec News v2.0 - Coming Soon!