[ISN] Hacker hits Denver's Web site

From: InfoSec News (alerts@private)
Date: Fri Sep 01 2006 - 02:13:40 PDT

http://www.rockymountainnews.com/drmn/local/article/0,1299,DRMN_15_4959740,00.html

By Daniel J. Chacon
Rocky Mountain News
August 31, 2006

The city of Denvers Web site was shut down for about 10 minutes
yesterday after a hacker broke in.

"We recognized it immediately and just took the Web site down," Molly
Rauzi, the citys deputy chief information officer, said today. "We went
through and restored back what was there and then corrected that
vulnerability."

She said a city-generated news story was replaced with a message stating
that the citys system had been hacked.

"We believe it came from Amsterdam," Rauzi said.

"These attempts are constant," she added. "There are people, I guess,
who dont have enough to do with their day." Rauzi said no sensitive
information was compromised.

"What we have on the public site is for public consumption," she said.
"Theres nothing sensitive. Anything you see on there is intended for the
public to see."

HITBSecConf2006 - Malaysia
The largest network security event in Asia
32 internationally renowned speakers
7 tracks of hands-on technical training sessions.
Register now: http://conference.hitb.org/hitbsecconf2006kl/