Re: [ISN] Credit card companies form security council

From: InfoSec News (alerts@private)
Date: Mon Sep 11 2006 - 01:23:36 PDT

Forwarded from: *Hobbit* <hobbit (at) avian.org>

oh, bunkum.  I'll believe that the credit card companies actually CARE
about security when I see ALL of them implement a solid
number-per-purchase system BY DEFAULT, and move away from this fixed
number garbage permanently.  And one that doesn't involve having to run
a windows box with its pants down around its ankles.

When I go to a bank wanting a new card number and phrase it as "time to
change my password, that's good security practice, right?" and basically
get REFUSED, that tells me that the system is hopelessly broken.

_H*

HITBSecConf2006 - Malaysia
The largest network security event in Asia
32 internationally renowned speakers
7 tracks of hands-on technical training sessions.
Register now: http://conference.hitb.org/hitbsecconf2006kl/