[ISN] Government holds talk on infosec for agencies

From: InfoSec News (alerts@private)
Date: Mon Oct 02 2006 - 00:47:53 PDT

http://www.saigontimes.com.vn/daily/detail.asp?muc=2&Sobao=2786&SoTT=12

By VAN OANH
SEPTEMBER 29, 2006

(SGT-HANOI) The Ministry of Public Security, security vendors and
government agencies have met in Hanoi to discuss how to maintain
information security at the agencies' computer networks.

The ministry's general department of technology and the security
companies talked about threats as well as ideas for securing the
computer network.

The network must be secure yet highly available, according to Do Xuan
Tho, head of the ministry department.

Security standards were another point mentioned at the seminar.
Microsoft informed the attending information technology managers of its
Trustworthy Computing Initiative, which is a guideline for designing a
secure application.

"Information is crucial to government agencies, especially our
ministry," Tho said. "So we have to constantly seek new solutions."

The audience also saw product introductions from Microsoft, Juniper,
Stratus Technologies and others.

Microsoft brought forward the .NET technology while Stratus touted its
servers as a perfect ground for .NET programs to run with high
availability and stability. Juniper also took the opportunity to inform
the audience of its new network architectures and technologies.

Donate online for the Ron Santo Walk to Cure Diabetes!
http://www.c4i.org/ethan.html