[ISN] Hacker cracks Google Blogger security

From: InfoSec News (alerts@private)
Date: Tue Oct 10 2006 - 01:02:01 PDT

http://www.itweek.co.uk/vnunet/news/2166003/google-hit-hacker-security

By Clement James
vnunet.com

Google was left red-faced on Saturday when a bug in its Blogger software
allowed an unauthorised user to post a comment on the official Google
blog.

The post, which stayed up for around an hour before being pulled,
claimed that Google had abandoned its click-to-call and Adwords
partnership with eBay because of "monopolistic" concerns.

A post on the Google blog on Sunday confirmed that a bug in Blogger had
enabled an unauthorised user to make a fake post on the Google Blog.

"The bug was fixed quickly and the post removed. As for the
click-to-call test, it is progressing on schedule and we're pleased with
the results thus far, " the blog said.

The day before the hack, Google had launched a new security page where
it waxed lyrical on how the firm "takes security very seriously and
designs all of its services and applications to protect your privacy and
data security".

But the killer promise was: "We keep the bad guys out of our systems."

Visit the InfoSec News store!
http://www.shopinfosecnews.org