[ISN] U.S. Cryptographers: 'FrpX-K5jE-Oc4n-e5Dn'

From: InfoSec News (alerts@private)
Date: Thu Oct 12 2006 - 22:32:28 PDT

http://www.theonion.com/content/node/53928

The Onion
October 11, 2006
Issue 4241

WASHINGTON, DC -- In a carefully phrased, 128-bit encoded announcement
that has challenged U.S. security agency procedures, top officials of
the National Cryptography and Information Security Council warned that
"FrpX-K5jE-Oc4n-e5Dn" if "Ha4d-87gH-uiH3-gB5r-g8Bh" late Monday.

"It may be true, as these codemakers have stated here, that our nation
faces 'm7Hk-sJkd-jJk73-4osd-m6Kh,'" Department of Homeland Security head
Michael Chertoff told reporters in his plaintext response Tuesday. "But
in our defense, I would hardly call our situation 'K5jE-Oc4n.'"

The NCISC declined further comment, saying only that its remarks were
meant as constructive criticism, and the CIA, NSA, and FBI may have
misinterpreted the message.

Copyright 2006, Onion, Inc. All rights reserved.

Visit the InfoSec News store!
http://www.shopinfosecnews.org