Re: [ISN] London top spot to lose your tech in a taxi

From: InfoSec News (alerts@private)
Date: Thu Dec 14 2006 - 00:32:07 PST

Forwarded from: Dragos Ruiu <dr (at) eusecwest.com>

On Wednesday 13 December 2006 15:01, InfoSec News wrote:
> Londoners are the most likely people to lost their mobile phones, PDAs
> and notebooks in a taxi, but the city also has the most honest cab
> drivers, a new study reveals.
>
> A survey of 2000 taxi drivers across 11 global cities -- including
> Sydney, San Francisco, Washington, Bombay, and seven European cities
> -- by mobile security vendor Pointsec found that over the last six
> months, Londoners left behind 54,874 mobile phones, 4,718 PDAs, 3,179
> laptops and 923 thumb drives. However, Londoners were also the most
> likely to get their devices back, with 96% of phones and 97% of
> notebooks being reunited with their owners.

They didn't include Tokyo. I'd put my money on Tokyo being the highest
percentage return rate. We lost a new (therefore it had little on it to
identify it) camera on an airport bus going out of the country and it
got back to us eventually.

cheers,
--dr

--
World Security Pros. Cutting Edge Training, Tools, and Techniques
London, U.K.    Feb 28 / Mar 1 - 2007    http://eusecwest.com