[ISN] GoDaddy, Meet NoDaddy

From: InfoSec News (alerts@private)
Date: Mon Jan 29 2007 - 23:39:39 PST

http://blog.wired.com/27bstroke6/2007/01/godaddy_meet_no.html

By Kevin Poulsen

In the wake of GoDaddy's one-minute's-notice shutdown of his site last
week, Fyodor has launched an anti-GoDaddy website at NoDaddy.com.

The previous owner of NoDaddy.com turned down a cash offer and donated
the domain to the GoDaddy Sucks cause, Fyodor says. "I made an offer to
buy the domain from the owner, thinking I didn't have much hope because
.com domains are so expensive now. But he had such bad experiences with
GoDaddy that he refused money and donated the domain."

The Internet Archive shows the domain was previously used for gay male
porn.

The question now, What will GoDaddy do?

   1. Send Fyodor a misguided lawyer letter claiming the site is a
      trademark violation likely to confuse consumers.

   2. Admit it made a mistake in shutting down a popular computer
      security website with less than a minute's notice at MySpace's
      request.

   3. Nothing

   4. Phone Fyodor's new registrar, DirectNIC, and ask them to take down
      the site, or, as it will henceforth be known, "Pull a GoDaddy."