[ISN] Breach called superficial at Internet services company

From: InfoSec News (alerts@private)
Date: Sun Mar 11 2007 - 23:07:45 PST

http://www.beatricedailysun.com/articles/2007/03/10/ap-state-ne/d8npd6i00.txt

March 10, 2007

LINCOLN, Neb. - A Lincoln-based bank says an Internet services security
breach didn't harm any customer or any account.

A senior vice president for TierOne Bank, Ed Swotek, said Friday: "Our
internal security procedures to prevent the compromise of any customer
worked exactly as planned."

The bank's Internet services vendor, Digital IMS, also said none of its
customers was harmed by what it said was a superficial breach of
security on Friday.

Chief Technology Officer Rob Nickolaus said Digital IMS hosts parts of
TierOne's Internet display that don't include access to accounts or any
transaction functions.

"In one of these Web sites that we host, but not manage, there was a
flaw in their coding that allowed this malfeasance to enter our
environment," he said.

"Our server itself was not hacked, and it was not the Web sites we
create that were hacked.

"We have several thousand clients, and just a handful were impacted by
this," Nickolaus said.

Information from: Lincoln Journal Star, http://www.journalstar.com

Visit the InfoSec News Security Bookstore
http://www.shopinfosecnews.org