[ISN] NOTACON 4 announcement

From: InfoSec News (alerts@private)
Date: Sun Mar 18 2007 - 21:36:51 PST

http://www.notacon.org/

NOTACON, an annual conference held April 27th - 29th, 2007 in Cleveland,
Ohio, explores and showcases technologies, philosophy and creativity
often overlooked at other "hacker cons". Our desire is not to supplant
other events, but complement them and strike a balance that has gone
unnoticed in our community for far too long.

With each new year we build upon the successes and knowledge of the previous
years. Our goal is to enlighten, educate, and entertain attendees,
presenters, and staff alike. We try to do this by finding new ways to apply
technology to graphics, art, music, or social interaction.

Notacon espouses an ethos of exploration, participation and positive
contributions. Hence, while some of the material we may cover is
controversial or potentially "black hat" in nature, we feel it is important
to bring light to all topics so that everyone can learn from the experience
and create something good, fun or interesting from it.

Events during Notacon run from Friday morning through Sunday afternoon.
These include over 40 presentations, contests such as "Anything but
Ethernet", game shows, prize giveaways and a whole lot of who-knows-what.
Anything can happen, and usually does.

Feel free to get involved in our community now by exploring our getting
involved section. Also, please join our forums, mailing lists, IRC server,
and other online communities. Feel free to check out our archives (2004,
2005, 2006) from previous years as well.

http://www.notacon.org/

Visit the InfoSec News Security Bookstore
http://www.shopinfosecnews.org