[ISN] A5/GSM Cracking Project

From: InfoSec News (alerts@private)
Date: Tue May 08 2007 - 22:02:22 PDT

Forwarded from: steve <steve (at) segfault.net>

Hi,

We are inviting people to design and build a A5/1 cracking machine.

We are security enthusiasts. We started in January 2007 and built a GSM
Receiver for 700 USD (http://www.thc.org/gsm). The first alpha version
of the GSM receiver is available from our webpage.

We are now looking for the next challenge: Cracking A5/1 for real.

We put up a public wiki at http://wiki.thc.org/cracking_a5 for anyone to
edit and to add information.

If you are interested please also subscribe to our mailinglist by
sending an email to a5-subscribe@private

Spread the word & happy hacking,

steve

Attend Black Hat USA, July 28-August 2 in Las Vegas,
the world's premier technical event for ICT security
experts. Featuring 30 hands-on training courses and
90 Briefings presentations with lots of new content
and new tools. Network with 4,000 delegates from
70 nations.   Visit product displays by 30 top
sponsors in a relaxed setting. Rates increase on
June 1 so register today. http://www.blackhat.com