Re: [ISN] China hosts nearly half of malware sites

From: InfoSec News (alerts@private)
Date: Tue Sep 04 2007 - 22:06:50 PDT

Forwarded from: *Hobbit* <hobbit (at) avian.org>

This is news??

   June saw a spike in spam hosted on Chinese domains, where the figure
   rose from almost zero to 450 spam domains.

Funny, I thought I was seeing [or more properly, already reliably
rejecting] well over 450 spamvertised links that dead-ended in APNIC
blocks back in, oh, 2002 or thereabouts.  Most designed to coax
credit-card numbers from the unwary.

If they're just now figuring this out, that would explain something!

_H*

Attend HITBSecConf2007 - Malaysia
Taking place September 3-6 2007 featuring seven tracks of technical
training and a dual-track security conference with keynote speakers
Lance Spitzner and Mikko Hypponen!  -  Book your seats today!
http://conference.hitb.org/hitbsecconf2007kl/