[ISN] Bush hotel in security breach

From: InfoSec News (alerts@private)
Date: Wed Sep 05 2007 - 22:07:40 PDT

http://www.worldnewsaustralia.com.au/region.php?id=139669®ion=21

AAP
5.9.2007

In what may be the first security breach at APEC, two unauthorised men
watched the US President arrive at his Sydney Hotel from inside the
lobby last night.

As part of the tight APEC security measures, security screening had been
installed at the InterContinental hotel and sniffer dogs had checked the
building.

And despite police efforts to stop anyone without accreditation from
going anywhere near the hotel, two unauthorised men spent hours wining
and dining in the hotel's lobby before the George W. Bush's arrival.

"We were actually sitting in the lobby the whole time when the president
walked in through the side door and all the photographers walked in
through the front door," one of the unidentified men told ABC Radio.

"We were there and had a few drinks and actually had a meal.

"After the president arrived my brother was challenged as to what
security we had to actually get into the hotel and we said: 'well none'.

"The next thing I was approached by the police who said we've got your
brother down the front, we've got him bailed up, we need you to show
some identification for yourself and for the both of you to be escorted
out.

"We were escorted not only out of the hotel but across the road as well.

"Let's just say the security at that place was pretty bloody poor."

Attend HITBSecConf2007 - Malaysia
Taking place September 3-6 2007 featuring seven tracks of technical
training and a dual-track security conference with keynote speakers
Lance Spitzner and Mikko Hypponen!  -  Book your seats today!
http://conference.hitb.org/hitbsecconf2007kl/