[ISN] CFP: FC 2008 [Free Child Care, Free for children 1-12, deadline: October 10]

From: InfoSec News (alerts@private)
Date: Mon Sep 24 2007 - 22:19:27 PDT

Forwarded from: Radu Sion <sion@private>

Dear Colleague,

This is a call for papers for the Financial Cryptography and Data
Security Conference in Cozumel, Mexico, 28-31 January, 2008
(http://fc08.ifca.ai).

Financial Cryptography and Data Security is a major international forum
for research, advanced development, education, exploration, and debate
regarding information assurance in the context of finance and commerce.
The conference covers all aspects of securing transactions and systems.
Submissions focusing on both fundamental and applied real-world
deployments are solicited.

This year, for the first time, we are also accepting submissions for
posters and short papers. The poster session is the perfect venue to
share a provocative opinion, interesting established or preliminary
work, or a cool idea that will spark discussion. Poster presenters will
benefit from a multi-hour session to discuss their work, get exposure,
and receive feedback from attendees. The intention behind short papers
(peer-reviewed) is to encourage authors to introduce work in progress,
novel applications and corporate or industrial experiences. Short papers
will be evaluated with a focus on novelty and potential for sparking
participants' interest and future research.

Free Child Care

We are also happy to offer free child care as part of the conference.
The hotel offers a kids' club, with supervised childcare and activities
from 9am to 5pm for children of age 5-12 whose parents are somewhere on
the premises (in the conference room is fine). This is free of charge
for hotel guests. Baby-sitting is available for US$5 per child per hour.
Additionally, as part of the room rate for conference attendees,
children of age 0-12 are free of charge (including food).

Financial Assistance for Primary Care Giver

We will also provide financial assistance to a scholar who is a primary
care giver, and who has their research paper accepted for presentation.
$750 will be awarded to pay for childcare and other family-related
expenses related to attending the conference.

DATES

Submission: 10 October
Posters: 13 November
Panels: 13 November

ORGANIZERS

Program Chair: Gene Tsudik, UC Irvine
General Chair: Radu Sion, Stony Brook

Local Arrangement Chair: Rafael Hirschfeld, Unipay
Poster Chair: Bogdan Carbunar, Motorola Labs
Publicity & Sponsorship Co-Chair: Roberto Gomez, Tecnologico de Monterrey

Program Committee

N. Asokan, Nokia Research
Giuseppe Ateniese, Johns Hopkins University
Nikita Borisov, University of Illinois, Urbana-Champaign
George Danezis, Katholic University of Leuven
Stefan Dziembowski, University of Rome
Kevin Fu, University of Massachusetts, Amherst
Philippe Golle, PARC
Dieter Gollmann, Technical University of Hamburg-Harburg
Aggelos Kiayias, Univeristy of Connecticut
Javier Lopez, University of Malaga
Arjen Lenstra, Swiss Federal Institute of Technology Lausanne
Ninghui Li, Purdue University
Patrick McDaniel, Pennsylvania State University
Alessandro Mei, University of Rome
Refik Molva, Eurecom Institute
Pino Persiano, University of Salerno
Ahmed Sadeghi, University of Bochum
Michael Szydlo, Akamai Technologies
Suzanne Wetzel, Stevens Institute of Technology

For more details please see http://fc08.ifca.ai.

We apologize if you receive multiple copies of this message. We did our
best to avoid this. Moreover, please let us know asap if you would like
to be removed from this mailing list -- we would not like you to
perceive this as spam. Please help us distribute this to other
interested colleagues.

Best Regards,
Financial Cryptography and Data Security 2008 Organizers

CSI 2007 is the only conference that delivers a business-focused
overview of enterprise security. It will convene 1,500+ delegates,
80 exhibitors and features 100+ sessions/seminars providing a
roadmap for integrating policies and procedures with new tools
and techniques.  Register now for savings on conference fees
and/or free exhibits admission. - www.csiannual.com