[ISN] In Memoriam: Jun-ichiro Hagino

From: InfoSec News (alerts@private)
Date: Tue Oct 30 2007 - 21:24:05 PST

Forwarded from: Dragos Ruiu <dr (at) kyx.net>

With great sadness, I regret to inform you that Itojun will not be
presenting his great knowledge of IPv6 at PacSec.  I have been informed
by several sources that he passed away yesterday.

Funeral services will be held on Nov 7th at Rinkai-Saijo in Tokyo. There
aren't many details of his passing, so please let his family and
relatives mourn in peace for now.  My heartfelt condolances go out to
them, and all of his many friends.

I knew Itojun as one of the smartest and kindest persons I have ever
met. He helped everyone around him. He graciously hosted and assisted
many foreigners new to Japan at the PacSec conferences, and was a good
friend to all. He would go to extraordinary lengths to help anyone
around him. We will all miss him - and his work on IPv6 will continue to
help us for a long time..

He once said to me, "When a professional race car driver races, his
pulse gets lower and he relaxes. When I code it is the same thing." I'll
miss him driving around in his prized Fiat 500... and I hope we can all
proceed to help fix our V6 networks without his gentle, brilliant, and
insistent coaching...

If you knew or respected him, he would have wanted any energy you put
towards grief to be spent on speeding the adoption and the robustness of
the version 6 internet to which he devoted so much of his extraordinary
life to.

Some more information in Japanese at
http://www.hoge.org/~koyama/itojun.txt

May he rest in peace,
--dr

--
World Security Pros. Cutting Edge Training, Tools, and Techniques
Tokyo, Japan    November 29/30 - 2007    http://pacsec.jp

CSI 2007 is the only conference that delivers a business-focused
overview of enterprise security. It will convene 1,500+ delegates,
80 exhibitors and features 100+ sessions/seminars providing a
roadmap for integrating policies and procedures with new tools
and techniques.  Register now for savings on conference fees
and/or free exhibits admission. - www.csiannual.com