[ISN] Tiger Team brings haxploitation to TV

From: InfoSec News (alerts@private)
Date: Wed Dec 19 2007 - 22:22:29 PST

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2007/12/19/tiger_team/

By John Leyden
The Register
19th December 2007

The haxploitation genre is coming to the small screen with a forthcoming
series about a team of penetration testers.

Tiger Team follows a group of elite freelance security consultants hired
to test organisations' security by using social engineering, hacking,
and physically defeating security mechanisms. So we expect to see our
heroes picking locks and going through the trash to get clues all the
while maintaining an uneasy relationship with their clients and law
enforcement officials.

The plot elements have appeared before in films such as Sneakers [1],
starring Robert Redford. It's hard to see how a story arc strong enough
to sustain interest over the course of a TV series can be sustained from
these elements.

The first programme [2] is due to screen at 11pm on Christmas Day on
CourtTV, which is hardly a recipe for a large audience. On the plus
side, those watching will be probably too sozzled to notice any plot
holes or technical errors.

A radio interview with the stars of the show - Ryan Jones and Chris
Nickerson - by a Denver station can be found here [3].

[1] http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0105435
[2] http://www.courttv.com/onair/shows/upcoming_series/#tiger_team
[3] http://preview.tinyurl.com/2lxkr7

Visit InfoSec News