[ISN] Counter-intelligence officers show how stupid they are

From: InfoSec News (alerts@private)
Date: Fri Mar 28 2008 - 00:28:34 PST

http://www.wbj.pl/?command=article&id=40583

Warsaw Business Journal
28th March 2008

Six officers of the SKW, the new military counter-intelligence service,
have uploaded photos of themselves while on a secret mission to
Afghanistan onto their personal accounts at nasza-klasa.pl, the popular
school reunion website.

Although they did not specify they worked for the SKW they made clear
that the photos were taken during a military mission in Afghanistan. The
pictures, which showed them sporting local robes as well as uniforms,
attracted appreciative comments from their former school mates. The
personal details of SKW officers are a closely guarded secret and are
not even known to many Polish soldiers stationed in Afghanistan. "By
doing such a thing, these people endangered themselves, the soldiers and
their families," said General Marek Dukaczewski, the last head of WSI,
SKW's predecessor, adding: "I cannot imagine a secret operation carried
out by people whose names and faces can be seen on the internet." "I
thought nothing could happen to heighten our sense of the chaos at the
SKW. I was wrong," commented Paweł Graś, the former secret services
minister. SKW was established in 2006. Antoni Macierewicz, its first
head, was criticized for hiring inexperienced people and dismissing
seasoned former WSE officers. (Gazeta Wyborcza, p. 4) R.M.